It’s the beginning of the year, which means we have a couple of weeks to finish planning our first half of the year travel. I’ll be headed to Boston in 2 weeks for the BIG deal on January 17 and then off to Atlanta
for ACG Capital Connection on February 8th and 9th.
All this talk of travel reminded me of a helpful checklist I created when I first got my start as a BD professional. Here’s a list of things you don’t want to forget before your next conference.
- Business cards
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Electronic or hard copies of travel documents, hotel reservations, meeting schedule with addresses
- If your phone doesn’t support a mapping app, then get one that does!
- One-pagers and other marketing materials you use
- Event attendee list
- Save any presentations you need to give to the cloud and to a thumb drive
- Extra chargers and adapters
- List of bars/restaurants in the area to host meetings and dinners
- Map of the conference venue
- Download the conference app (if available)